Saturday, November 28

Day: November 12, 2020

Home Improvement

Paint Thinner Safety in The Home

  Although it is such a commonly used material in the home, paint thinner is a very dangerous and toxic product if not used correctly. Similarly to gasoline, when paint thinner enters the lungs, hydrocarbons can cause a burning sensation in the throat and mouth, nausea and vomiting, shortness of breath, and brain or nerve damage if heavily exposed.  If these internal effects weren’t enough, paint thinner is also highly combustible, so it poses a threat to your home if not handled properly. With a flash point of around 104 degrees (F), if it were to come into contact with a heat source, you could be faced with the task of having to put out a house fire.  Here are a few simple tips to consider when working with paint thinner that can protect both you and your family.  Most...