Pressure washing can be a great way to clean your home’s exterior, sidewalks, and driveway. However, it can also be dangerous if not done properly. In this article, we’ll discuss some common pressure washing mistakes to avoid and why hiring professionals is the best choice. This way, you can rest assured that your home will be clean and safe.
5 Common Pressure Washing Mistakes
1. Using the Wrong Pressure Setting
One of the most common mistakes homeowners make when pressure washing is using too much pressure. High-pressure settings can strip paint from your home’s siding or even cause cracks in concrete surfaces. On the other hand, using too little pressure will result in an ineffective cleaning job.
2. Not Using Enough Water
Another common mistake is not using enough water when pressure washing. Without enough water flow, the detergent won’t mix with the water properly and won’t be able to do its job effectively. You could also end up damaging your home’s surface if there isn’t enough water to protect it from the high pressure.
3. Neglecting Safety Precautions
Pressure washing can be dangerous if proper safety precautions aren’t taken. The high-pressure stream of water can cause serious injury if it comes into contact with the skin or eyes. Also, falling off a ladder while trying to reach high places can result in broken bones or other injuries. So, it’s important to take all necessary safety precautions when pressure washing.
4. Ignoring Surface Preparation
Before you begin pressure washing any surface, it’s essential to prepare it properly. This involves removing any loose debris, such as leaves or branches, and covering nearby plants or flowers with plastic sheeting to protect them from the detergent. The surface should also be swept or vacuumed to remove any dirt or dust.
5. Cleaning Too Quickly
Rushing through a pressure washing job is never a good idea. Doing so can lead to missed spots or streaks, as well as damaging the surface if you use too much pressure. Therefore hiring a professional for pressure washing in Roswell, GA, can ensure that the job is done efficiently and safely. They will know the right settings and techniques for each surface to get the best results.
Why Hire Professional Services?
While DIY projects are often tempting for homeowners who want to save money, hiring professional services for pressure washing has many benefits:
- Experience and Expertise – Professional services have experience working with different types of surfaces and equipment. They know how much pressure to use on different surfaces and how long each area should be cleaned.
- Safe Practices – Professional pressure washing services follow safety protocols to prevent injury. They use the right tools and equipment to get the job done quickly and safely.
- Cost-Effective Solutions – Hiring professional services is often more cost-effective in the long run. They use high-quality detergents that are designed to be effective without damaging surfaces.
- Time-Saving Option – Professionals can pressure wash your home in a fraction of the time it would take you as a novice. This saves you time and energy that can be better used elsewhere.
Pressure washing is a great way to clean the exterior of your home, but it can be dangerous if not done properly. Avoid making common mistakes by hiring professional services. They have the experience, expertise, and safety protocols to get the job done quickly and correctly while saving you time and money. Thanks for reading.
Michelle Wilde is a stay-at-home mom and avid plant lover. Armed with a post-graduate degree in Computer Science (no kidding!), she loves researching plants and landscapes. When she is not caring for her 4 kids, she spends time on her passion for plants.