How many of you have ever questioned exactly what maintains the electricity running for the whole building?
The operation of an electrical distribution circuit board is intriguing. It is a platform where all of the breaker points, circuit protection units, alarm systems, and thermostats are kept. To put it simply, it guarantees that the power supply of the house should spread properly.
The central cable feeder literally transports the entire flow of electricity from the network built to the building. This cable transfers electricity from the transmission line to the building; most of the electricity is linked by an electric distribution board.
The majority of distribution boards are adaptable. They are easily accessible as unoccupied enclosures, ready-made regular units(wired), or customized units according to the electrical demand of the customer. Among all factors, customization for a respective segment of your house/building according to the structure is the most appealing aspect of distribution boards. Then every segment of the distribution board attaches by using a disconnector device.
On the other hand, the structural and technological components of an electrical distribution board differ according to the location and the electrical demands of the region you live in.
There are various types of Distribution boards available in the market. And which to pick among all will be according to multiple technical factors, its application, and customer’s necessities. Several types of distribution boards are discussed below:
- Fuse Boxes: The fuse box is a type of distribution board that helps in controlling and distributes all power. One of the critical factors is to be sure about the placement of the fuse box. Since in case of any emergency, you need to reach your fuse box to avoid the possibility of pandemonium.
- Main breaker panel: Main breaker panels are a type of distribution board that protects circuits while monitoring the panel’s ampacity. These panels prevent the circuits from overheating. Also, this Main breaker has the ability to shut the electricity to the house instantly.
- Main Lug Panel: The lug panel is being used in the distribution boards in case your primary breaker is placed upstream. Main cables enter those lugs when linked to a switch from the electrical panel. This panel can also be utilized as a sub-panel.
- Subpanel: These panels aid in the power distribution to various segments of a building. Subpanels are powered by the main panel and are adaptable for electricity distribution across the building.
- Transfer Switch: Basically, a transfer switch is a device that switches the energy between two or more electrical resources. Transfer switches are often referred to as a form of subpanel and are ideal for alternative power sources since they can convert power through the breaker switch.
In this article, we have discussed distribution boards and their types as well.
However, there are so many vendors that deal with electricity products. But you should always select a trusted vendor because the electrical connection of your house is somehow a matter of safety. In that case, IndoAsian is the one you can trust the most. It is an Indian-originated company that deals with all kinds of electrical products. Also, they are honored as a subsidiary of Legrand Groups.
If you need to install a type of Distribution Panel, which one do you pick?